- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 medium fresh peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a bowl, combine sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add peaches and toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Drop by spoonfuls onto peaches; spread evenly. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPeach Cake Dessert
"Although this was fairly easy to make it was just too sweet for my taste. Perhaps I didn't have enough peaches for the amount of sugar called for in the recipe. The batter was extreamly thick and difficult to spread. I'm afraid this one was not a keeper."
"This was the easiest dessert to make and it was a little to sweet but delicious."