- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- Cinnamon sugar
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add peaches and blueberries; toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPeach Blueberry Pie
"I had some overripe peaches that I needed to use as well as some freshly picked blueberries. This pie was the perfect way to use both items. I shared the pie with friends and the results were unanimous...one of the best pies ever. I used a little less allspice than it asked for but the flavor still came through clearly."
"this has become our favorite pie of ALL !!"
"Like another reviewer, I make a pie with peaches and blackberries. The flavors and texture blend well together."
"I made this pie for my sweetheart's birthday and it was delicious! I only omitted the allspice. I used fresh Georgia peaches I had gotten at a farmer's market and fresh wild blueberries I picked myself."
"Holy Moly! I'm in heaven. I may be biased because peaches are my favorite fruit ever, but this pie is dynamite! I picked fresh blueberries at the orchard today and made an all butter pastry crust. Perfection!"
"I made this pie today and it was delicious! The combination of peaches and blueberries was very good. I added 2 extra tablespoons of flour since my peaches were very ripe and juicy and it came out perfect - not runny at all. I would definitely make this recipe again."
"This was so delicious! I didn't bother with fresh peaches though, I just used canned, but it was still fantastic!"
"Finally a peach pie that turns out great! I am always looking for recipes that will allow me to use my frozen peaches. I just drained them well and there was no soggy crust. The flavor was terrific too. My hubby loved it."