Peach Bliss Dessert
—Gail VanGundy, Parker, Colorado
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 slices pound cake
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; set peaches aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in lemon juice and peach juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in almond extract and reserved peaches. Serve warm over pound cake.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 211 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 128mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Peach Bliss in Country Woman March/April 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.