- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches (about 3 medium) or 1 pound frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 package (3/4 ounce) fresh basil leaves or 20 large leaves
- 4 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 5 to 8 cups ice cubes
- Peach slices and fresh basil leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, peaches, basil and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes. Discard basil; stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Process half of peach mixture and 2-1/2 cups ice in a blender until blended, adding more ice if desired. Repeat with remaining peach mixture and ice. Pour into chilled glasses; serve with peach slices and basil. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPeach-Basil Lemonade Slush
"I bought a box of peaches from a high school fundraiser so decided to try this slush. So refreshing! Yum!"
"The peach-basil combo is fantastic! I love the slushy texture and added a little more lemon juice for personal preferences."
"I was skeptical of the basil-peach flavor combo but we LOVED it. The mixture was a little sweet for our liking so I added a few more peaches and ice to it. Next time, we'll just reduce the sugar - we like things tangy! Great recipe!"