VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups thickly sliced peeled peaches (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream or milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon tawny red port or sherry, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Raspberries, mint leaves to garnish
- Layer peaches and raspberries in a shallow greased 5-cup baking dish; dot with butter.
- In a food processor, cover and process almonds with flour until ground. Add cream, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, port, salt; blend, scraping sides as necessary.
- Pour custard slowly over fruit. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes until top is golden and custard set. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream. Garnish with raspberries and mint. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peach and Raspberry Clafouti in Country December/January 1990, p15
Reviews forPeach and Raspberry Clafouti
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2015
"Very good and easier than making a pie. I reduced the calories by using fat free half and half and it tasted great."