- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and mace. Stir in sherry until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the peaches, blueberries, pecans, butter and lemon juice. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in milk and egg. Spoon over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the topping comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPeach and Berry Bliss Cobbler
"The mace killed it...will not make again as written"
"Made this tonight, pretty much as written. I did add a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the flour mix. I used cooking sherry. I think I will leave out the pecans next time. Delicious cobbler that I plan to make a few more times!"
"Very good. Blueberries and peaches go great together. I omitted the mace, used water instead of sherry or apple juice, and omitted the pecans."
"I've made this recipe seveal times and my family loves it! My husband prefers it without the nuts though. A word of warning--bake it for the full 30 minutes before testing the crust, and test it in several places before judging it done. I've had it come out underdone in some spots a few times."