Peach Almond Bars
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 jar (18 ounces) peach preserves
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Let dough stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Spread preserves over crust. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup almonds. In a large bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spread meringue evenly over almonds. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 196 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 91mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jan 17, 2012
I made this recipe for a potluck and had two friends tell me it was a bit too sweet. I agree. However, I'm going to make it again. I will use Cool Whip instead of meringue and will toast the almonds. Also, I think apricot preserves would be delicious in this recipe.
Aug 16, 2011
pretty good and easy to.