Pea Shoot Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 medium lemons, halved and seeded
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 cups torn pea shoots or watercress
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Rub lemons with 2 teaspoons oil; place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad greens, pea shoots and radishes.
- Cool lemons slightly. Squeeze juice into a small bowl. Finely grate 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel; add to the bowl. Whisk in the sugar, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 172 calories, 16g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 217mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 2 vegetable.
Originally published as Pea Shoot Salad with Roasted Lemon and Garlic Vinaigrette in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2012