VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots and water to cover in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 5 minutes. Add peas; simmer, covered, until peas are crisp-tender, 2-3 minutes. Drain; set aside.
- In same pan, mix remaining ingredients until cornstarch is dissolved; bring to a boil. Cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add vegetables; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pea Pod Carrot Medley in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p37
Reviews forPea Pod Carrot Medley
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2011
"This was GREAT!! I didn't have any orange juice, so I used mango juice and I served it with black bean burgers. Terrific!"