Radish slices add color and crunch to this fresh-tasting potluck favorite from Inez Orsburn of Demotte, Indiana. "I usually serve it in a bowl lined with romaine leaves, then garnish it with radish roses."
Recommended: 40 Lettuce Recipes You Can Get Excited About
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes or 1 jar (2 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish and seasonings. Stir into pea mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pea 'n' Cheese Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p21
Reviews forPea 'n' Cheese Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2010
"Hi again:I forgot to mention that I prepare the ingredients ahead of time and mix them at the last minute before I bring the bowl to church. I image that it is a popular dish as the ladies in charge of the lunch always ask me to make a salad...Dolores"