PBJ-Stuffed French Toast Recipe
“I used some of my favorite foods to create this…and now it's become a favorite recipe to serve drop-in friends. They love it!” Ruth Ann Bott - Lake Wales, Florida
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry preserves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Spread on two slices of bread; top with preserves and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- 2. In a greased large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 465 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for PBJ-Stuffed French Toast
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC