PBJ-Stuffed French Toast
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry preserves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Spread on two slices of bread; top with preserves and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- In a greased large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 465 calories, 23g fat (9g saturated fat), 238mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Jan 30, 2010
I picked this recipe because it seemed so kid friendly, but I think if I make it again I will just use plain white bread so it's easier for the kids to eat. The french bread was too think for the kids to get their mouths around.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.