PB&J Nutjammer Cookies
This cream cheese cookie dough holds a delicious surprise filling. These have been a family favorite for three generations.—Elisabeth Matelski, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch
Makesabout 2-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup grape jelly
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coarse sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and cream cheese until blended. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Divide dough into four portions. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, mix peanuts and jelly until blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-1/2-in. square cookie cutter. Place half of the squares 1 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Lightly brush egg over pastry. Place 1 teaspoon filling in center; top with remaining dough squares. Using a fork, press edges to seal. Brush tops with egg; sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Originally published as Nutjammer Cookies in Ultimate Cookie Swap 2016 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.