PB&J Chex Mix
As a kid, I loved to add crunchy textures, like chips or popcorn, to my PB&J sandwiches. This mix has all the necessary components of that childhood favorite: sweet grape jelly, rich peanut butter, a little saltiness from peanuts and, finally, that irresistible crunch from the Chex mix. —Shelley Ward, Isle of Palms, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min./batch + cooling
- 5 cups Rice Chex
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts
- Freeze-dried strawberries, optional
- Place cereal in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine jelly, butter, and corn syrup. Microwave until smooth; pour over cereal. Toss to coat.
- Microwave in batches on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool. Stir in chips, peanuts and, if desired, strawberries. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 284 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as PB and J Chex Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019