PB&J Chex Mix
As a kid, I loved to add crunchy textures, like chips or popcorn, to my PB&J sandwiches. This mix has all the necessary components of that childhood favorite: sweet grape jelly, rich peanut butter, a little saltiness from peanuts and, finally, that irresistible crunch from the Chex mix. —Shelley Ward, Isle of Palms, South Carolina
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 min./batch + cooling
- 5 cups Rice Chex
- 1/4 cup strawberry jelly
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts
- Freeze-dried strawberries, optional
- Place cereal in a large bowl. In a small bowl, combine jelly, butter, and corn syrup. Microwave until smooth; pour over cereal. Toss to coat.
- Microwave in batches on high for 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread onto a parchment-lined baking sheet to cool. Stir in chips, peanuts and, if desired, strawberries. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 284 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as PB and J Chex Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.