PB & Banana French Toast Bake
This is a nice treat for breakfast or brunch. Peanut butter is tasty and full of protein. Spread jam or honey on your slices instead of maple syrup for a fruity change.—Raymonde Bourgeois, Swastika, Ontario
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Spread peanut butter over four slices of bread; top with banana slices. Place remaining bread on top. Cut each sandwich in half; arrange in a greased 8-in. round baking pan. Whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla; pour over sandwiches. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, uncovered, until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Serve with syrup.