Pavlova with Fresh Fruit
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Assorted fresh fruit
- Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Add cream of tartar and salt to egg whites; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- Spread into a 9-in. circle on prepared pan, forming a shallow well in the center. Bake at 225° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until set and lightly browned. Turn oven off; leave meringue in oven for 1 to 1-1/2 hours.
- Just before serving, beat cream and almond extract in a small bowl until stiff peaks form. Spoon into meringue shell. Top with fruit.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 230 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Aug 27, 2019
The merengue turned out hard, never browned, why parchment paper which does not adhere to baking sheet, never having made a merengue before this was a real disappointment. Could not get hollow in merengue as paper kept sliding around on baking sheet, outside of ruining extra eggs to get 3 white without yolk in them this was a waste.