Pattypan Saute Recipe
- 2 cups halved pattypan squash
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the squash, onion and garlic in oil for 2 minutes. Add red pepper and mushrooms; saute for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the tomato, salt, Italian seasoning and pepper; heat through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 73 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 343mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Pattypan Saute
"This is a nice simple side dish for summer. I did not use the mushrooms."
"this is an excellent side dish for any grilled meat I can think of.....I also throw in some yellow squash and zucchini from the garden too....I like to throw some fresh basil on it with the parmesan cheese when i serve it... I make this at least once a week in summer & everyone just loves it!"