Patties with Red Pepper Sauce
Store leftover chipotle peppers in the refrigerator for up to a week. Add chopped peppers and adobo sauce to salsa and other red sauces.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 package (10 ounces) refrigerated breaded chicken patties
- 1 jar (12 ounces) roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 1/3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare orzo and peas according to package directions. Meanwhile, place chicken patties in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until heated through.
- In a blender, cover and process red and chipotle peppers until pureed; transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 1 minute. Spoon over chicken patties; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Drain orzo and peas; combine. Serve with chicken.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 470 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 634mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Chicken with Red Pepper Sauce in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005