Patriotic Pizzas Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- AMERICAN FLAG:
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- CANADIAN FLAG:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, mix flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press mixture onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake 10-15 minutes or until crust is lightly browned. Let cool.
- 2. To make an American flag, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla and lemon juice, mixing until smooth. Spread 1 cup cream cheese mixture over crust. Set remaining cream cheese mixture aside.
- 3. Referring to the photo for position, arrange rows of strawberries on top of pizza to create the red stripes of a flag. Place blueberries in the upper left corner.
- 4. Cut a small hole in the tip of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #21 star pastry tip. Fill bag with reserved cream cheese mixture. For white stripes, pipe a zigzag pattern between the rows of strawberries.
- 5. To make a Canadian flag, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add vanilla and lemon juice, mixing until smooth. Spread 3/4 cup cream cheese mixture over crust. Set remaining mixture aside.
- 6. Arrange strawberries in the shape of a maple leaf on top of the pizza.
- 7. Cut a small hole in the tip of a food-safe plastic bag; insert a #5 round pastry tip. Fill bag with reserved cream cheese mixture. Pipe veins on maple leaf. Yield: 1 pizza.
Reviews for Patriotic Pizzas
"I know this will be delicious, I mean, come on, strawberries and cream cheese....but I think when I make it I will put it on a rectangle cookie sheet to better represent the flag..."
"This was a HUGE hit! easy to do, tasted great! I added lemon rind to the base, instead of lemon juice & substituted 2- Pilsbury Sugar cookie Dough for the crust (will need additional cooking time). Also, substituted the sugar for 3/4 C. powdered sugar, added an extra tsp. vanilla and folded in 8 oz. of cool whip. Yummy!"
"I made this cookie for a summer party. It looked great and everyone came back for seconds!"
"Oh my, delicious is the word for this one!I had all the ingredients and my grandsons helped make it. Try it. We guarantee you will like !"
"They all look so delicious.Haven't tried them all as of yet,but i am certainly going to.The cakes I have tried are so very good.Thank you so much for the wonderful recipes.Keep them coming."