- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon honey mustard*
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked penne or medium tube pasta
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine the dressing ingredients; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl. In a skillet, saute garlic and basil in oil until garlic is tender. Pour over pasta. Add the cauliflower, tomatoes, green onions, red pepper, cheese and dressing; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forPatriotic Pasta
"I really liked this. I did cheat, however and used a ranch dressing, but added blue cheese crumbles on top."
"This salad was delicious. I did leave out the cauliflower and felt that the flavor was just fine without it. One thing I did was to cook the pasta and toss it with the oil mixture as specified, then chilled it overnight. I made the dressing separately and chilled it too, then combined the pasta, dressing and veggies the next morning. This gave make-ahead convenience and combined flavors, yet kept the salad fresh and flavorful."
"Excellent salad. I used feta instead of bleu cheese; tasted great."
"Have taken this salad to luncheons to rave reviews! Such great flavors and so pretty. Only issue is that it does not hold out well when refridgerated and gets kid of dried out. Better made the same day."