Patriotic Fruit Pizza Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter (no substitutes)
- 1 package (4-3/4 ounces) strawberry Danish dessert*
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine the flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until mixture begins to hold together. Press into a 12-in. tart or pizza pan; build up edges slightly. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes. Cook Danish dessert according to package directions for pie glaze; cool to room temperature.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Spread over crust. Arrange strawberries in an 8- to 10-in. circle in center of pizza. Sprinkle blueberries around strawberries. Pour half of the Danish dessert over strawberries (save remaining glaze for another use). Refrigerate until serving. Cut into wedges. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 slice: 454 calories, 26g fat (17g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 221mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Patriotic Fruit Pizza
"This dessert is gorgeous and tastes wonderful. I had to make my own strawberry glaze because my grocery store didn't carry it. If you could purchase the glaze already prepared and use sugar cookie dough for the crust, it would cut down on preparation time, however, the sugar cookie crust is sweeter than the homemade crust, so I would cut the sugar down in the glaze and in the cream cheese mixture."
"Delicious! easy to make."
"Fabulous and so easy!"
"For the crust could u use a refrigerated sugar cookie dough?"
"This was wonderful!"
"I was wondering the same thing so I did a *google* search and all I could find were places to buy it online. Amazon has it. Its called Junket Strawberry Danish dessert"
"What is Strawberry Danish dessert? Where do you buy it?"