Patriotic Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1 package (5.1 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, halved
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, pecans and butter. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar. Fold in half the whipped topping; spread over crust. In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- 3. Spread over cream cheese layer. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Decorate with strawberries and blueberries to resemble a flag. Chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Test Kitchen Tips
1 slice: 335 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 255mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Patriotic Dessert
"Sure Sarah! You could make it 2 or 3 days ahead, if you do be sure to put the berries on closer to serving time. Overnight would be fine but sooner might cause the strawberries to get too soft and maybe run."
"Can you make this the night before?"
"This was a great hit for the 4th of July. My husband thought it was awesome. It was easy to make and taste fabulous. :~))"
"Seems like a simple project"
"We loved it. It is the same recipe I have made for years except for the fruit. I will make it again and with different fruit."
"so easy and the whole family loves it ! it is make for more that the 4th of july .... love it !!"
"The whole family loved this. Requested it more often than 4th of July."