I've served this fantastic side dish for years. It's a favorite for holidays. I get so many requests for it.—Kathy Fleming, Lisle, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 5 pounds medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl; mash with butter. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream and salt until light and fluffy; add to potatoes. Stir in chives.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 292 calories, 15g fat (9g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 560mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Patrician Potatoes in Light & Tasty October/November 2007