- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cans (15 ounces each) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a Dutch oven, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving 2 tablespoons in pan.
Add onion to drippings; cook and stir over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in beans, tomato sauce, green chilies, brown sugar and seasonings. Sprinkle top with bacon. Bake, covered, 60-70 minutes or until heated through.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled bean mixture in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews forPatio Pintos
"These are easy and delicious! Even better the next day."
"Wonderful recipe! This is definitely a keeper for us. It has just enough *zip* to make it interesting."