Pat’s Potato Salad
I developed this recipe while working at a restaurant. We wanted a salad that would complement a barbecue sandwich and use up day-old baked potatoes. It keeps well and seems to taste even better after being refrigerated. —Patricia Maul Battlesville, Oklahoma
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 12 medium red potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, onion and parsley. In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over potatoes and mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Salad can be prepared a day ahead.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 259 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 275mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Pat's Potato Salad in Taste of Home April/May 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.