Pat's Pecan Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1. Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans, cheese and seasonings. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- 2. Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 229 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Reviews for Pat's Pecan Chicken
"really tasty, but I ended up throwing more than half of the breading away.."
"I meant pie plate...not pit plate :)"
"Absolutely amazing! After one bite of the chicken the entire family voted that we should have this once a week! The flavors are perfect and the coating holds up nicely in the oven."
"wonderful, I did add a little cajun spice to the bread mix"
"very good, although seems like a lot of breading for 4 x 4 oz chicken. I will be reducing quantities."