Pat’s Pecan Chicken
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1-1/4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, pecans, cheese and seasonings. Dip chicken in milk, then roll in crumb mixture. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil.
- Transfer to a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a thermometer reads 170°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 229 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 fat.
Jul 19, 2014
We thought this was very good, next time, though, I'm going to use dry bread crumbs because it didn't stick to the chicken.
Mar 8, 2012
really tasty, but I ended up throwing more than half of the breading away..
Feb 15, 2011
Wonderful flavor and so easy to whip up! I agree with wiscook on too much breading for just 4 x 4 oz chicken. I mixed my breading and only used a small amount for my two chicken breasts, froze the rest for next week!
Feb 3, 2011
I meant pie plate...not pit plate :)
Feb 3, 2011
Loved it! Great flavor. As for extra breading, I had some left over from the first time (just put part of it at a time in a pit plate to coat chicken) that I froze it and used it again. Made meal prep really quick!
Jan 8, 2011
Absolutely amazing! After one bite of the chicken the entire family voted that we should have this once a week! The flavors are perfect and the coating holds up nicely in the oven.
Oct 27, 2010
wonderful, I did add a little cajun spice to the bread mix
Jul 31, 2010
very good, although seems like a lot of breading for 4 x 4 oz chicken. I will be reducing quantities.