Pat’s Pasta Toss
Pair with Gallo Family Vineyards White Zinfandel.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 4 Italian sweet sausage links (1 pound)
- 2 Italian hot sausage links (1/2 pound)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onions until peppers and onions are crisp-tender. Cut sausages into 3/4-in. slices. Return sausage to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta and return to kettle. Add sausage mixture to pasta; toss to mix.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.