Pat’s Pasta Toss
Pair with Gallo Family Vineyards White Zinfandel.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 4 Italian sweet sausage links (1 pound)
- 2 Italian hot sausage links (1/2 pound)
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Cook pasta according to package directions. In a large nonstick skillet, brown sausage over medium heat; drain all but 1 tablespoon drippings. In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms, peppers and onions until peppers and onions are crisp-tender. Cut sausages into 3/4-in. slices. Return sausage to skillet; cook and stir 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain pasta and return to kettle. Add sausage mixture to pasta; toss to mix.
Originally published as Pat's Pasta Toss in Taste of Home Cooking School Brand Name Cookbook Spring 2009
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.