Pastel Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 319 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 4, 2015
I have made this several times. I also used lemon instead of almond, and some yellow cake coloring. Made a lemon glaze on top. I have also made it with sprinkles in it. That makes a pretty cake too. The regular cake, I have made a strawberry short cake. I tried using sugar instead of flour in my cake pan, that way it makes it own glaze. This is a great basic cake. There are so many ways you do with is cake. It is delish. Sandra Cox, Henderson, Texas.......