Pastel Pound Cake
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup pastel miniature marshmallows
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, beating well after each addition.
- Pour half of the batter into a greased and floured 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with marshmallows. Top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 319 calories, 13g fat (8g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 312mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (27g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Mar 4, 2015
I have made this several times. I also used lemon instead of almond, and some yellow cake coloring. Made a lemon glaze on top. I have also made it with sprinkles in it. That makes a pretty cake too. The regular cake, I have made a strawberry short cake. I tried using sugar instead of flour in my cake pan, that way it makes it own glaze. This is a great basic cake. There are so many ways you do with is cake. It is delish. Sandra Cox, Henderson, Texas.......