Pasta with Tomatoes and White Beans
When time is short, try this delicious vegetarian main dish. You can vary the recipe by using chickpeas instead of cannellini beans and grated Romano cheese in place of feta. —Janet Briggs
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, bring the tomatoes and beans to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Add spinach; simmer for 2 minutes or until wilted, stirring occasionally. Drain pasta; top with tomato mixture and cheese.
TEST KITCHEN TIP If you use baby spinach, you don't need to chop it before using in this recipe.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 364 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 722mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 9g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Pasta with Tomatoes and White Beans in Test Kitchen Favorites Cookbook