Pasta with Shrimp & Basil
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 pound peeled and deveined cooked medium shrimp
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp, spinach, pine nuts, cheeses, basil, salt and pepper; cook for 1-2 minutes or until spinach is wilted. Drain pasta; add to shrimp mixture and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 454 calories, 27g fat (14g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 331mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Jul 25, 2015
Wow, good stuff.
Jun 16, 2015
Jun 17, 2014
Wonderfully flavorful! The only difference we made was use mozzarella instead of swiss cheese.
Jan 16, 2013
Sorry but used ore cooked shrimp is a crime. They taste much better when we cook and to Cook shrimp takes what? 5 minutes. Try ad let me know the difference
Dec 10, 2011
easy quick & tasty