Pasta with Sausage Cream Sauce
—Ernest Walker, Gallipolis, Ohio
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 cups hot cooked linguine
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add cream; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Reduce heat. Add the peas, mushrooms, cheese and nutmeg; cook and stir until heated through. Serve with linguine.