Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes
I reach for this recipe whenever I crave spaghetti sauce but don't have the time to make my usual recipe.—Michelle Dommel, Quakertown, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 package (12 ounces) pasta, cooked and drained
- In a skillet, cook sausage until browned; drain. Add tomatoes and basil. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Serve immediately over pasta.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 525 calories, 16g fat (5g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 70g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Originally published as Pasta with Sausage and Tomatoes in Country Woman July/August 1996
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.