Pasta with Sausage 'n' Peppers Recipe
“I found this recipe years ago in an old Italian cookbook and made some changes to it,” explains Janice Mitchell of Aurora, Colorado. “It’s been one of our favorites since then. This fits the category of ‘quick, easy and delicious.’”
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 medium green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the peppers; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until peppers are tender.
- 2. Combine flour and cream until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parsley, marjoram, salt and pepper. Drain pasta. Top with sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cups: 560 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 1037mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 4g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Pasta with Sausage 'n' Peppers
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC