- 1-1/2 pounds cherry tomatoes
- 12 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 4 ounces (1/2 cup) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a bowl, toss tomatoes and garlic cloves with oil; transfer to a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Roast 14-16 minutes or until very soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cool tomato mixture slightly. Reserve 12 tomatoes for serving with pasta. Transfer remaining tomato mixture to a food processor. Add cream cheese and salt; process until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture and toss to coat. Top with reserved tomatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPasta with Roasted Garlic & Tomatoes
"Really not a fan. This might have been better with cream instead of cream cheese. The cream cheese brought a sour flavor to it."
"Substitute goat cheese for cream cheese for those of us who are lactose intoleran!"
"For my taste, I added some other spices and a few family tricks. Ingredients I shuffled were the garlic and tomatoes. Also it was a good menu for us, with our mods. Also, my mom had a similar recipe but she used plum tomatoes, more olive oil and vermicelli pasta and lots less garlic. Her rendition was better."
"My family didn't like this. We ended up go out to eat that night. Something was missing and we all felt the tomato taste was too strong. Needed more flavor."
"I don't know why but my family did not care much for this--adding chicken would probably help but there was just something missing."
"Love that this is so simple & delish! Would be good with chicken added for those that need meat in every meal."
"Ok, I tweaked this a little and LOVED IT. Plan on serving for guests this summer. Here's what I did:10 oz cherry tomatoes1 can of Italian diced tomatoesAll the rest the same and then added sliced blackened chicken on top. Sprinkled with fresh parsley.AMAZING,"
"Tried this and liked the flavor, but I skimped on the tomatoes and cream cheese ? didn't have it all in the fridge. So, the dish suffered, unfortunately. Would like to try it again. Loved the idea of roasting the tomatoes and garlic for flavor. This would be a great dish to use when my garden is bursting with cherry tomatoes!"
"My family really enjoyed this recipe! The cream cheese is a nice change in flavor for a tomato-based recipe and creates an appealing creamy texture. I used Neufchâtel cream cheese to cut down on the fat. I will add this to my frequently used pasta dish recipes."