Pasta with Greens N Beans
In East Rochester, New York, it takes Kathleen Majewski just minutes to get this fast and flavorful pasta combination on the table. "It's a snap to prepare when you brown the sausage while the noodles are cooking," she reports.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spiral pasta (3 cups)
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch escarole or spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped (about 4 cups)
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage, onion and garlic until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain. Stir in escarole, beans and broth. Cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until escarole is wilted and tender. Drain pasta; add to vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 300 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 526mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Pasta with Greens 'n' Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.