Pasta with Garlic Oil
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil. Stir in the mushrooms, olives, basil, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain spaghetti; place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without cheese): 280 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Mar 9, 2013
I will try this again but see if I can't alter the seasons a bit to spice it up a bit more for my family.
Nov 15, 2012
SO Good! The only think I changed was I used fresh sliced mushrooms rather than canned. Will DEFINITELY make this again!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.