Pasta with Garlic Oil
My family is Italian, and this is one of our old faves with plenty of garlic, mushrooms and herbs. To help the sauce adhere, don’t rinse the pasta in water after you drain it. —Pamela Vittori, Chicago Heights, Illinois
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup jarred sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil. Stir in the mushrooms, olives, basil, parsley, garlic salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes. Drain spaghetti; place in a serving bowl. Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if desired.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup (calculated without cheese): 280 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 147mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Pasta with Garlic Oil in Simple & Delicious August/September 2012
Mar 9, 2013
I will try this again but see if I can't alter the seasons a bit to spice it up a bit more for my family.
Nov 15, 2012
SO Good! The only think I changed was I used fresh sliced mushrooms rather than canned. Will DEFINITELY make this again!