Pasta with Flavorful Veggies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain spaghetti; serve with vegetable mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 478 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 11g fiber), 22g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 18, 2014
I made this for a luncheon and I added mushrooms to it. I served the cheese separate and let people add what they wanted. It was a big hit and I will definitely make it again.
Aug 19, 2012
I have made this recipe over a handful of times since I came across it in the Taste Of Home Farmers Market edition. It is fast, and delicious and fairly healthy! The only thing I have changed about this recipe is that I use a zucchini and a yellow summer squash instead of 2 zucchini. Perfect!
Mar 31, 2008
why can't i print this recipe on a 4' x 6' card