Pasta with Flavorful Veggies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat spaghetti
- 2 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 medium tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in oil and butter for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheeses; cover and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Drain spaghetti; serve with vegetable mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 478 calories, 21g fat (9g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 676mg sodium, 56g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 11g fiber), 22g protein.
Mar 18, 2014
I made this for a luncheon and I added mushrooms to it. I served the cheese separate and let people add what they wanted. It was a big hit and I will definitely make it again.
Aug 19, 2012
I have made this recipe over a handful of times since I came across it in the Taste Of Home Farmers Market edition. It is fast, and delicious and fairly healthy! The only thing I have changed about this recipe is that I use a zucchini and a yellow summer squash instead of 2 zucchini. Perfect!
Mar 31, 2008
why can't i print this recipe on a 4' x 6' card
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.