- 1-1/4 cups uncooked penne pasta
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/3 pound uncooked chorizo or bulk spicy pork sausage
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet; crumble chorizo into the pan. Add the onion, mushrooms, artichokes, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until chorizo is fully cooked and vegetables are tender.
- Add spinach; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until wilted. Drain pasta; top with chorizo mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forPasta with Chorizo and Spinach
"I really enjoyed this dish. I had never tried Chorizo and was skeptical of it's flavor but this recipe proved it's pretty tasty stuff. I did not have the sun-dried tomatoes but instead used drained fire roasted tomatoes from a can. I spotted a jar of fire roasted red peppers in the cupboard so I tossed those in as well. All in all it was still delicious even with the adaptions I had made."
"Love this recipe. I've made it several times. I used Chorizo flavored ground chicken. i also drizzle some of the oil the tomatoes are in on top !!! YUMMY!!!!"
"Delicious! This will be one of our regular meals."
"I made this recipe this evening exactly as stated in the magazine. My husband ate it and said it was "okay". My 9 year old didn't like it at all. I too thought it was just okay. I think because we are used to a more creamier type of sauce with our pastas we thought this seemed more "oily" tasting than flavorful. We won't make this again nor would I recommend it unless you like a non-creamy sauce type pasta dish."
"I don't have artichokes, don't like them, dried tomatoes, or fresh spinach, but want to try this recipe, it sounds wonderful. Can I leave out the artichokes, use canned tomatoes, and frozen spinach? Ruth"