Pasta Tuna Salad
You can dress up this scrumptious salad and take it most anywhere—from a picnic to a potluck. "Since it's so easy to prepare, I make this nutritious salad often when we're camping," reports Patricia Smith of Canby, Oregon. "It's a real crowd-pleaser in hot weather. Leftovers keep well, too."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) cubed reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup chopped dill pickles
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 cup pickle juice
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the tomatoes, peas, cheese, olives, pickles, eggs and tuna. Combine salad dressing and pickle juice; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.