Pasta Shrimp Salad
"I prepared a similar version of this seafood salad years ago for my daughter's graduation," notes Mary Ann Berquam from her home in Turtle Lake, Wisconsin. "Since then, I've substituted low-fat ingredients, and I still get many requests for the recipe."
- 1 package (7 ounces) small shell pasta
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked salad shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, celery, shrimp and peas. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
1 cup: 165 calories, 6g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Oct 5, 2010
It might be good if the French Dressing is changed to Italian.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC