"I prepared a similar version of this seafood salad years ago for my daughter's graduation," notes Mary Ann Berquam from her home in Turtle Lake, Wisconsin. "Since then, I've substituted low-fat ingredients, and I still get many requests for the recipe."
Recommended: Top 10 Shrimp Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (7 ounces) small shell pasta
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 package (5 ounces) frozen cooked small shrimp, thawed
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup fat-free French salad dressing
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. In a large bowl, combine the pasta, celery, shrimp and peas. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Pasta Shrimp Salad in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p21
Reviews forPasta Shrimp Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 5, 2010
"It might be good if the French Dressing is changed to Italian."