Pasta Sausage Supper
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked penne pasta
- 1 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 jar (26 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce, warmed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in large skillet, saute the sausage, peppers and onion in oil until sausage is browned and vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Drain pasta; divide among six serving plates. Top with spaghetti sauce and sausage mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 596 calories, 25g fat (8g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1359mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 6g fiber), 23g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 5, 2015
Pretty quick and fairly easy. Most of the kids liked the "hot dogs" in it.
Nov 25, 2014
I really liked this! I substituted turkey kielbasa and whole wheat pasta to lower the calories. Very tasty and simple
Mar 31, 2014
This is a simple dish with a lot of taste . It kind of reminds me of a dish an old friend of mine made.you can easily substitute to lower calories with chicken sausage
Apr 18, 2011
Pretty basic but still tasty. Was super quick and easy to make
Mar 29, 2008
This sounds super easy and super quick. I intend to try it first thing on Mon. I like recipies that don't require long time cooking.
Mar 28, 2008
Even tho this is tasty, I don't think my Dr. likes me eating that much salt...
Mar 28, 2008
sounds like a great dinner dish that I intend to try very soon.