Pasta Salad Plus
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked spiral pasta
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained and sliced
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water. Place in a large bowl; add the next nine ingredients. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 267 calories, 10g fat (1g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 474mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Sep 12, 2013
Good one to cook
Feb 16, 2011
Sep 11, 2010
This is a great tasting salad that I've made several times. The light dressing is the perfect touch for the mixture of pasta and veggies. I've also substituted chopped fresh spinach for the celery, and pinto beans for the kidney beans with great results.
May 23, 2008
I love this recipe. It is so delicious. I use Splenda instead of sugar, and it's just fine too. You have to try it and it feeds a crowd!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.