Pasta Primavera with Soy Cream Sauce
“I invented this recipe so I could have a low-fat 'cream sauce', says Amber Rife of Columbus, Ohio. She adds, “Plus it has the added benefits of soy. My husband and his family love this meal with its colorful and slightly crisp vegetables.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup fresh baby carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 small zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 yellow summer squash, quartered and sliced
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups soy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place asparagus and carrots in a steamer basket; place in a small saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 2 minutes. Add zucchini and squash; cover and steam 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Keep warm.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and soy milk until smooth. Stir in the salt, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta; toss with vegetables and sauce.