Pasta Primavera with Shrimp
Kimberly Wagner of Castle Rock, Colorado added shrimp to a simple, easy primavera, and the result was a timely and fabulous dinner bursting with flavor in every bite. Kimberly's Pasta Primavera with Shrimp capitalizes on summer's bounty with five different types of fresh vegetables in a dish that's perfect for special summer occasions.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a Dutch oven, cook linguine according to package directions, adding shrimp and vegetables during the last 4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the flour, cream and broth until smooth. Add the cheese, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain linguine mixture and return to the pan. Add cream sauce; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts2 cups: 575 calories, 22g fat (13g saturated fat), 218mg cholesterol, 682mg sodium, 66g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 31g protein.
Originally published as Pasta Primavera with Shrimp in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007