Pasta Pizza Soup
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
Makes8 servings (about 2 quarts)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/2 cups cooked tricolor spiral pasta
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook the beef, mushrooms, onion and celery until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the water, tomatoes, carrots, bouillon, bay leaf and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are tender. Stir in pasta; heat through. Discard bay leaf.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 180 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 639mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 22, 2013
My whole family loves this soup.
Sep 19, 2012
This has become a family favorite. My husband loves this soup.I have also used other types of pasta and it always turns out great.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.