This recipe came to me through a recipe exchange with a friend. It's our favorite way to do something different with pasta without a lot of fuss or exotic ingredients.—Mary Miller, Hopewell, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 73 Reasons to Get Behind Meatless Monday
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 7 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Combine hot spaghetti, butter, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a large bowl. Turn into a greased 10-in. pie plate. Using your fingers, form a crust; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano and garlic salt; heat through. Spread cottage cheese evenly over crust. Spoon ground beef mixture over cottage cheese layer.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spaghetti Pie in Country Ground Beef 1993, p60
Reviews forPasta Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 26, 2009
"We think this is a wonderful recipe. We hope to make it again, with adjustments. It was also very fun to make it.Diane,Skylar and Kellie"