Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 7 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Combine hot spaghetti, butter, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a large bowl. Turn into a greased 10-in. pie plate. Using your fingers, form a crust; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano and garlic salt; heat through. Spread cottage cheese evenly over crust. Spoon ground beef mixture over cottage cheese layer.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 433 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Feb 1, 2019
Turned out wonderful. This is how I learned how to make spaghetti pie 25 years ago and it is still sooo delicious!
Mar 26, 2009
We think this is a wonderful recipe. We hope to make it again, with adjustments. It was also very fun to make it.Diane,Skylar and Kellie