Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 7 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Combine hot spaghetti, butter, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a large bowl. Turn into a greased 10-in. pie plate. Using your fingers, form a crust; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano and garlic salt; heat through. Spread cottage cheese evenly over crust. Spoon ground beef mixture over cottage cheese layer.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 433 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 4g fiber), 30g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Feb 1, 2019
Turned out wonderful. This is how I learned how to make spaghetti pie 25 years ago and it is still sooo delicious!
Mar 26, 2009
We think this is a wonderful recipe. We hope to make it again, with adjustments. It was also very fun to make it.Diane,Skylar and Kellie