This recipe came to me through a recipe exchange with a friend. It's our favorite way to do something different with pasta without a lot of fuss or exotic ingredients.—Mary Miller, Hopewell, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 7 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup Daisy 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Combine hot spaghetti, butter, Parmesan cheese and eggs in a large bowl. Turn into a greased 10-in. pie plate. Using your fingers, form a crust; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, oregano and garlic salt; heat through. Spread cottage cheese evenly over crust. Spoon ground beef mixture over cottage cheese layer.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes or until set. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.