- 1 cup uncooked spiral or shell pasta
- 32 frozen Italian meatballs (about 1 pound), thawed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced carrots, thawed
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (14 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a soup kettle or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain pasta and add to the soup; heat through. Yield: 10 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews forPasta Meatball Soup
"Made this last time I travelled to GA to see my grandchildren and it was a huge success. I am down here visiting again and one of the first things I was asked was if I was going to make the meatball soup again. Needless to say, it is definitely a keeper!"
"This recipe is fabulous!! Found it 2 weeks ago and this is my 2nd time making it already! The kids love it! You can tweak it to what you have in your pantry and add seasonings to your tastes as well. Thank you for a wonderful recipe! This is a keeper!!"
"I Just made this today and it was so good. I didn't measure the ingredients, just guessed at a half portion and used frozen peas and carrots and frozen corn for the veggies. I used pinto beans because I was out of kidney beans. The meatballs added such a great flavor to the soup. I probably added more pasta and meatballs than called for."
"This was a really good soup. My kids loved it. I'll definitely make it again."
"Very good!! I cut the meatballs into quarters. That way my meat lover husband wouldn't take all the meatballs. It looked like there was more meat than called for."
"My hubby isn't fond of tomato pieces either, so I used a 28 oz. jar of Newman's Own Marinara sauce, 1 box of vegetable broth, 1 1/2 cups of frozen corn cooked, & shaved baby carrot circles. To keep the pasta from getting too soft, I cooked it al dente before adding to the soup. I omitted the beans, mushrooms & peas. I will make it again - it was deliciously easy."